View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 05:21 PM   #1905
Harju
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Anyone here familiar with Macbook Pro laptops? This thing is slowly turning into a hunk of junk and I am wondering if I should wipe and start over or something along those lines.

It is a mid 2015, 15" retina with a 2.2Ghz i7 and 16Gb of ram. Spec wise it sounds ok but it is running very slow compared to when I got it about 6 months ago. Randomly it will not wake up so I have to do the long press power down with the power button. Most pages of chrome do not work properly, cannot click on boxes to fill in text, intermittent scrolling. Certain non apple mouses work erratically as well as keyboards. In general it is becoming very frustrating to use compared to when I first got it. Wondering if any of this is normal? Anything to be done?
I just replaced my late 2008 MBP. I only ever had 2 previous issues with it, 1) the battery expanded and put pressure on the internals making the trackpad erratic and generally causing poor performance, solved by new battery and 2) lousy internet performance which was fixed by updating the OS to the latest I could for that model. I would think that 2015 shouldn't have the OS issue but perhaps the battery thing could happen. I'm not sure the kids at the Genius bar are really geniuses but they do know all the basic diagnostics and resets so a quick trip there could be worth it.
Harju is offline   Reply With Quote