View Single Post
Old 10-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #590
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Is this your regular card for day to day purchases? How about an American Express Platinum card? The benefits with the Platinum card are great but the downside is that it is not as widely accepted as Visa/MC. The annual fee is high but the various offers and promos they provide throughout the year offset the fee easily. They just introduced the option to carry a balance although I honestly don't know what the interest rate is as I wasn't paying attention to the communications.

If you want to consider it I can send you a referral code. They have a good bonus offer right now which is worth $800 see that covers the $600 annual fee.
I love my Amex, but it’s definitely not zero interest or low interest. I don’t know if it’s the same, but mine is a charge card where you have to pay it off or the interest rate is insane. I would have to look and see what that rate is, because you have to be diligent (I want to say it’s north of 30%?).

I think they just made it so you can carry a balance of some sort, but there are some rules around it. I don’t know exactly what those rules are, but carrying a balance isn’t something that people should be interested in, if it’s at all avoidable. I can’t recommend people look at that in good conscience though. Even if that rate is like 10%, you should be avoiding this, and knowing Amex it’s probably still something outrageous.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote