View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 01:05 PM   #1
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Music recommendations?

Hello everyone. I've often thought a music recommendations thread would be a good idea. The WAYLTRN thread is a dope way to discover new tunes, but I didn't want to pollute it with discussions. My library needs some freshness, and I'm about to hit the road for a solid trip and would love to check out some new stuff, and I'm asking here because I find a lot of recommendation lists online are boring as ####.

Anyone have any recommendations for:
Proper Hip-Hop? Anything badass and groovy, no soft Drake/Niki Minaj/Kanye/50 cent pop type stuff. Looking for things like Kool G, Del, Outerspace, Killer Mike, Mobb Deep etc. Tend to prefer a bit rough, raw breakbeat stuff (think 36 Chambers, Live and Let Die deal) more than electronic or dub inspired stuff, but open to anything actually dope.

Country/Country Rock/Not boring Folk? Anything rad, kind of appalled by the psuedo rap, incredibly boring new country. My library is shallow here, but I really dig: Gram Parsons GP, Willie Nelsons Then I Wrote, Cashs Folson Prison album, Pinebox Serenade, Hank Williams, the good I've heard of Dwight Yokam, Alan Jackson etc etc

New Wave/Synth Pop/Whatever you want to call it? Again a weak part of my collection. Anything fun or groovy, Think B-52s, Devo, Gang of Four type vibe. Just nothing boring.

Cheers, appreciate any solid recommendations.
81MC is offline   Reply With Quote