View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #2270
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Has anybody ever had to install an older iOS? I have an old iPad mini that I kept on iOS 9, but now an app needs iOS 10. It can handle iOS 12 (and prompts me to install)- but I'd rather keep it lower for performance.

I found getios.com but I don't know how reliable their software is. I'd like to keep it to iOS 10 if possible.
For the software to run it needs to be signed. Apple does not sign anything for devices except the most recent software that device can support (newest iOS options like iOS 13 will support older releases for 2-4 weeks). If you had saved your ShSH blobs for that device you can load up the firmware for whatever the shsh blob was saved for (example have shsh blobs for iOS 10.1 you can load 10.1 etc) the ShSH blob needs to be saved for each version of the software you would want to revert to, one blob will not work for all versions of iOS and not all versions of iOS will work with this method. Pretty much what happens is instead of iTunes using apples host file to check the digital signature of the firmware you modify the hosts file to point to your ShSH blobs and allows the firmware to be signed.