Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 09:20 AM   #993
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

And that's all folks!! What an interesting season...Hamilton walks away with Championship #6. He'll be chasing the Schumacher for the #7 next year.

Mercedes was the class of the field. I do think the Ferrari has potential to be almost equal on pace this year, but they just cant help shooting themselves in the face. Terrible strategy, unreliability, and clearly some issues between Leclerc and Vettel. These are all solvable...but it's Ferrari...

Red Bull, Toro Rosso, and McLaren both took big steps forward. I'm excited to see how well RBR competes with Merc and Ferrari next year. Honda really seems to have found a solid engine. I doubt McLaren can trim 1.5s off the gap to the top, but if they can get 0.5-1.0s that's another massive step.

Renault looks lost. I really hope they stay past 2020, but...that's alot of $$ to spend on a 5th place car.

Haas, Racing Point, and Williams. Lol. They just aren't competitive unless Perez drives the wheels off an RP.

And here are the final standings of the season long pool. It was alot of fun...I've got no problem running it again next year. If anyone wants to have a look at the excel tracker let me know as well.

1st - Flamesrule...I got lucky to pass 3thirty last week (ps I love you Hamilton)
2nd - Btimbit...Huge score in the last race...74pts, 5 correct, and he passes 3thirty and beats him by 2pts!!
Most Correct Top 10 - 3thirty...he had this locked up after the US GP. 3 way tie for 2nd. 3thirty also had the most correct slotted (43 vs 42 for Flamesrule).

Noteworthy as well...FUZZ...first time anyone has got all top 10 finishers correct this year. Well done!

Btimbit + 3thirty...not sure we ever settled on prizes...but here's what I was thinking. 3thirty had the most correct picks, so I was thinking he can pick first. Can then coordinate pick up via PM.

Pkg #1: 1/43 RB14 Verstappen Diecast & Red Bull Ring hat (childs!) & Niki Lauda Hat - All from Austrian GP
Pkg #2: Danny Ricciardo RBR hat (mens) & set of 3 Ayrton Senna Pins & Niki Lauda hat - From USA GP + Lauda from Aus. GP.

Spoiler!
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post: