View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #11
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamRyan View Post
I mean, fair enough. I was being a bit wry, but you’re right; boggled my mind, as well. However, I’m extremely excited to see what that unit could do given the man advantage.
This is part of what drives me insane with Gulutzan, he is so adamant that hes the smartest guy in the room that he will not adapt.

'Trying something new' and 'changing things up' and 'adapting' are the same things.

If you do the same thing over and over and over again, guess what? The other guy has figured out how to stop it, or make it less effective, or whatever.

There is no 'Magic Bullet' that works all the time. The NHL is about adaptation.

Look no further than Alexander Ovechkin. He was a one-trick pony for a while, he got figured out and he adapted. Its why hes one of the best players in the League.

Same with Crosby. He was a passer. Then he started shooting. He was a terrible face-off man, then he got good at it. He adapted to how others were playing him.

Our coach doesnt even change up the goddamned penalty killers.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote