View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #27
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPepman View Post
I don't know if I'm the minority in here but Mike Smith should have been given the leash to start this game and the game on Sunday against Arizona.

Oh Calgary. Always known to overplay goalies. (Hey Kipper!) We get it. Smith is awful this year. But he needs some opportunity to succeed. And one is to make him play against a pretty meh team. Make sure also that the workload handed to BSD and Smitty are balanced!

Overplaying Smith last year is still fresh in our minds, Bill Peters. We had to rely on AHL goaltending (Gillies and pre-BSD Rittich) and that cost us a playoff spot.
Disagree. I don't think we can accuse Peters of overplaying Rittich so far. It's not like he is playing in a back to back. I would have given Smith one of the games and it makes sense to me to give Rittich the game tonight and Smith the game Sunday. That gives Rittich 4 days off before Buffalo and with a big break coming I don't know if fatigue is an issue.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote