View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 12:38 AM   #16
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
The price of gasoline is such a scam. I understand that the price of oil varies, and therefore, the price of gas varies along with it. The part that pisses me off is that all the stations raise their prices within an hour of each other. It's not like they all got their truckload of gasoline on the same day, when oil was at $50. Some of them bought it on Thursday and it was $47, and others bought it on Tuesday when it was $53. So are the refiners all running these tabs where they posthumously adjust their price, based on new expenses? Of course they're not. It's collusion. Gas stations get away with blatant collusion. If Esso buys a new load of gas that costs more, they raise their price to match, and all the other stations raise their prices to match, regardless of what they paid for the gas that's already in their tanks. And we just pay it. Got no choice.

I know Oil and Gas is Alberta's prime industry, but as soon as someone comes out with an electric 4x4 pickup, I'll be the first one in line to buy it. Then I can get f'd by Enmax instead. After all, variety is the spice of life.

Edit* I also know that the Gas in Oil&Gas is natural gas, not gasoline, so don't bother schooling me on that.
I love this explanation. By theory, it works the opposite way. They have some gas in the system at $50 and the new fuel at $60. So it blends together. But they know next time it will be $70.

Save yourself some aggravation and just buy $10 at a time to blend to the average price throughout the year. It will take some more time, but it should balance out your gas swing complaint.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote