View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

2016 NHL Draft Rankings: Top 60 Prospects for Fantasy Hockey

Until we get some more 2017 content...for fantasy hockey junkies!

Usually do this before the draft, but decided to wait til the offseason this time around. This is admittedly having some fun with the rankings, but intriguing to look at it with this gameful mindset.

Tkachuk did drop slightly compared to draft position but could have just as easily been placed at 4th as the guys were pretty tight.

4 of 2016 Flames picks did land in top 51, for what it's worth!

Quote:
Hand-crafted specially for fantasy hockey junkies, although certainly not exclusive to.

The following rankings are based on a prospect’s pure offensive potential. Goalies get no love here. Apologies to the vital guardians of the goal, but your potential is just too monumentally difficult to predict from a fantasy armchair GM’s point of view.

You will quickly notice some of the undersized forwards and blueliners creep up the rankings in comparison with my Final Rankings. I have attempted to implement a healthy dose of realism as, as by strict use of my own definition, some of these diminutive players would have ranked even higher. Also, I have taken into account that because of some prospects‘ solid all-around ability, they may get more ice time, which may in turn translate in offensive output. Those who are hooked on hockey simulator-based leagues where defensive traits and goalie prospects are more valuable, you want to pay more attention to my regular draft rankings.
Here's the Top 5:
(apologies - formatting doesn't play nice)

Rank Name Team Pick CR Ht Pos Prospect Profiler Notes
1 Matthews, Auston TOR 1 1 6’2 C
Auston “Powers” is a franchise centre; American version of Toews
2 Laine, Patrik WPG 2 2 6’4 RW
Gifted Finnish Finisher; high end sniper
3 Puljujarvi, Jesse EDM 4 3 6’4 RW
The Finnish Ultimate Weapon; Finnish version of Mats Sundin
4 Jost, Tyson COL 10 5 5’11 C/RW
Possesses tremendous speed, vision and hockey IQ; WJAC MVP, U18s Top Forward
5 Nylander, Alexander BUF 8 7 6’1 RW Alexander Maximiliam Michael Junior Nylander Altelius: offensive catalyst

2016 NHL Draft Rankings: Top 60 Prospects for Fantasy Hockey - LINK

Flame away...
cral12 is offline   Reply With Quote