Thread: Building A Home
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:03 PM   #11
Krovikan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just bought a house in Mahagony a few months ago. From the sounds of your post, it looks like you are in the market for a bit more expensive home then I got if you are looking at Calbridge & Morrison.

But my experience was looking mostly at Hopewell, Jayman, and Excel.

Hopewell; we ended up landing on them, their sales team was excellent, knew their stuff and had no problem reaching out to others if they did not know. We also like the concept of having a higher standard then the other builder, stuff like large windows, nine-foot ceilings, etc. were just included. Having a higher standard than the other three, and being a first time home buyer, it relaxed me about forgetting to upgrade something.

Jayman; we visited them a few times, and I just wasn't comfortable with their sales team. I worried that if I was not comfortable with their sales team, I wouldn't be comfortable with the rest of their team. So they were eliminated pretty fast.

Excel; we almost went with them; they had slightly better features that we wanted. The reason we ended up nixing them is every time we would talk to them about upgrade pricing and how much the show home would cost to build out with the same upgrades, the price would change. I started to realize while they seemed like the better deal, once you included all the options Hopewell included, their price would be much higher.

After choosing Hopewell, I am happy with my choice. Their communication between their customer care team and their project team is a bit lacking; other than that everything has been good so far. We had one issue pop up, in the master they put a light switch in an odd spot, after asking about it, the realized the issue in their design and modified it right away.

As for Mahagony, I keep hearing the complaint about only one entrance, and this is not true. There are currently three entrances, and at least one more planned. I have been there at all hours checking up on my house, including rush hour, and never have I had an issue getting in. This issue is less a concern for me, as I plan to continue cycling into work.
Krovikan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krovikan For This Useful Post: