View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #37
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Sean Chu and Ward Sutherland have been the only two members of city council that I have actually stopped following on twitter (I've always made a point of following all city council members regardless of my politics). I just couldn't take the idiocy anymore.
I've been tempted to unfollow Chu for a while. Maybe I don't see enough of Ward's tweets to think the same of his'.

I don't think I've read a single tweet or even retweet of Chu's that hasn't made me shake my head.

You can tell he's a guy that doesn't even care to learn about issues. He has his preconceived ideas, and will spout them off continuously.

He gives Helene Larocque a run for the money on being the worst councillor ever, IMO.

He goes well beyond, "let's study these bike lanes a little bit more". It's very obvious that he'd prefer to have no infrastructure for bikes anywhere.

Another one, that he even campaigned on, is that his ward wasn't the highest priority for transit. Whether or not that is true is completely beside the point. He actively campaigned on not fighting for his own ward. Especially, with his ward right on the NCLRT line, he should be actively fighting for better transit in his ward.

He has a habit of belittling any issue that he doesn't see as important, which is highlighted by his endless mockery of anything to do with bike infrastructure.