View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebC View Post
We have the knowledge, we have the uranium, and we have reactors. For the most part, we are a nuclear power even without having an actual bomb because we have the capacity to produce them if needs be.
I think the nuclear club could become a lot bigger almost overnight if a major global conflict erupted. Of course, countries like Canada, Japan, Austrailia, South Africa (built them in the past) and most of Europe have the immediate capablities. I believe at one time, both Brazil and Argentina had advanced nuclear programs that they "volunteered" to stop due to diplomatic pressure. And then of course, some supposed "non-nuclear" states like Turkey, Italy, Netherlands and Poland have them on their soil courtesy of NATO. I also don't buy it for a second that Belarus and Kazahkstan transferred all of theirs back to Russia. Ukraine had more than 5,000 and have claimed to have dismantled them ore sent them to Russia, but I have my doubts... no evidence mind you, I just don't see why they wouldn't keep a few.