View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:23 AM   #39
Iowa_Flames_Fan
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Name dropper.

But seriously, I think Fotze's got the right idea. My dog was 17 before we had to put her down. She was almost blind, almost deaf, incredibly arthritic and had survived several near death experiences.

There comes a time though, when they can be all those things and still enjoy life and the company of others, only to be a defeated dog the next day. It's a tough decision, I empathize.

I ate a ton of cheese and tomatoes with my dog in her last couple of weeks.

It's hard to say what stage he's at right now. He's not in pain, I don't think (other than arthritis in his hips) but he's just.... tired all the time. He goes out to do his business maybe once or twice a day, but otherwise is content to lie in bed. He's not interested in walks, or in playing with our other dog, who still has a ton of energy. From reading online, it seems to say that liver cancer is usually advanced by the time it's diagnosed, and then progresses quickly after that. My wife and I were up until 1:00 AM talking about it, and we agreed that we're not going to do anything or decide on anything for at least a week, but I guess I'm starting to feel like the time is coming.
Iowa_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote