View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 02:53 AM   #65
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I hope they don't try to tie in too many characters from Breaking Bad. Especially right off the bat. They already have Mike in there, which does make sense, since Mike was 'Sauls guy'. They obviously met somewhere along the line before Walt showed up. But spin off and origin stories get too cheezy and somewhat unbelievable when they try to link everyone back together.

There was no indication in Breaking Bad that Saul ever knew Tuco. In fact, based on a few of the back and forths Walt and Saul had, it could be assumed Walt and Jesse told Saul about their adventure with him, and Saul never brought it up. Yes, he did say 'What? some tattooed speed freak?' in response to Walt's hesitation about bringing in another distributor, but I'm pretty sure that was to be taken as a generic comment. In fact, if he DID know Tuco, his comment probably would have been far more specific. Like, 'Of course you had problems with that distributor. You should have come to me! Not only did I know him and could have warned you, I could have pointed you in the right direction (Gus)'
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post: