View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #77
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
If you say so. I lived on a snow route for five years, and while the actual snow route part is not so important, the point is that it got plowed a few times per year. When they plow, they push up a windrow near the curb (and around any vehicle still parked on non-snow route ban days) that can easily be more than a foot of snow and ice chunks.

I've seen lots of digging. Lots of rocking. Lots of swearing. I'm not going to claim that trucks or 4x4s are a necessity, but with the amount of winter we get, they're not exactly frivolous, either.
Bah. In the past I've driven a mid-engine RWD MR2 turbo all year round for multiple years in Calgary, Mustang GT's with track pack all year around as well. Stuck just once with the Mustang and it was on a side road that was pure ice and took one person to give a little push. That's it. No accidents, no issues, little fanfare. Those are probably amongst the very worst vehicles you could drive in the winter and I have done them daily with little issue through the biggest snow storms Calgary has to offer. If you living in Calgary and really, really need a 4x4 it's because you aren't a very good driver. The issue is people running crappy all-season tires in the winter. Mandatory winter tires would clean up a lot of accidents and people getting stuck in this province.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-30-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote