View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 04:15 PM   #1
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon36 Big changes in Big Apple

Sidney Crosby's tenure in Manhattan turned out to be a short one, as the star center expressed concerns about the bright limelights of Madison Square Garden. Imagine that, such a great player actually wanting to go to Nashville instead? But oh well, we didn't want a disgruntled superstar to be a distraction, so we eventually obliged and sent Sid on his way.

To NSH
F Sidney Crosby
4th round pick

To NYR
F Jamie Benn
D Nicolas Beaudin
2021 1st round pick

that 1st round pick didn't stick around for long either, as the Rangers turned around and flipped it in yet another trade.

To NYI
F Derek Stepan
2021 1st round pick

To NYR
F William Karlsson

big thanks to both cambam8 and Scorp for the talks and deals!

For us, these deals do a couple of things. Giving up Crosby stings, but these deals give us two top six players instead of one and we can spread the scoring a little bit. We also get younger in both deals and save some cap. We tried to move Stepans contract all offseason, but it was a difficult task ... offloading him in that deal helps us a lot. Benns numbers went down a bit, but that Stars team wasn't too great offensively as a whole and we hope he can get back to his usual self next season. And Karlsson ... I went after him hard earlier this offseason when he was still an Oiler so finally getting him on board is great. And last but not least, I really like Beaudin and his upside. So while giving up Crosby stings, I'm pretty happy with all those assets coming back.

so with that, the 20-21 Rangers as of today:

Jamie Benn - William Karlsson - Reilly Smith
Brett Connolly - Adam Henrique - Connor Brown
Yanni Gourde - Blake Coleman - Ryan Dzingel
Frederick Gauthier - Zemgus Girgensons - Markus Granlund/Valentin Zykov

Esa Lindell - Brett Pesce
Alex Goligoski - Troy Stecher
Carson Soucy - Jason Demers

Jake Allen - Mackenzie Blackwood

so pretty much last year's playoff team plus Benn and Karlsson. I like that.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: