View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 AM   #267
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
There is no question that all 3 players can take some credit for the resurgence of the 4th line. But at the same time, Ryan's own play is also substantially improved. He was struggling early, by any standard. Now, he is doing all kinds of things well. And he was the primary catalyst for the line beginning to improve.
I totally agree.

My point was mostly that the early season instability with his linemates probably contributed to his "hardships" (he wasn't bad IMO, but there's no question he's playing better now), and that once that situation got sorted out, those three guys seem to have kind of help build each other up, starting with Ryan, but spreading to Mangiapane and Hathaway. (Although the last has been the steadiest of the three, his confidence to make plays has obviously improved.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Sure, we love that he’s better.

But when you say it takes guys time, it didn’t for Lindholm
When you say be patient, Neal didn’t turn it on 15, 20 or 30 games in, and has yet to

So I appreciate the player in the second half, just find the sanctimony hollow

Ryan has been very good. 30 games in, nobody had good reason to forecast his dramatic improvement in play
Lindholm had instant chemistry and was put on a line with two of the best forwards on the team.

30 games in, Ryan's left winger was one of the guys who's now in the AHL.

It's not a totally fair comparison.

Last edited by Itse; 03-24-2019 at 04:12 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote