View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:34 PM   #239
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
The downside is as a driver on the road I expect a person on a bike to follow the same rules as I do. Or don't be on the road!

Most drivers on the road don't even know the rules and laws they need to follow driving a vehicle. Now they are expected to know special rules for cyclists?

To be honest though, in my area almost every driver treats a stop sign as a yield sign. Some don't even bother to slow down. Giving cyclists the right to treat a stop sign as a yield sign defeats the purpose of the stop sign.

The other day in my area a 4 way intersection had four flashing redlights! Want to see chaos? Some people thought it was ok to fly thru the intersection because it was not a solid red light! Others thought the flashing redlight meant you need to stop and never move ever again.

I am glad the province is now testing new drivers again. No longer can private companies give licenses out like candy for profit.
Is this a joke post? You're really that adamant that cyclists follow the same rules as cars? A cyclist would have to be going 50kph and hit a senior right in the chest to kill him. A car can kill someone just by rolling through a stop and not seeing a short person or someone who tripped on their shoelace.

Also, it's more efficient to let the cyclist breeze through when they're approaching a stop with a bit of a lead on you, the vehicle. It's only a couple of seconds, but that all adds up when you do a lot of driving.

Calgary City Council is getting embarrassing. I cannot understand how this was voted down. Bunch of stick-up-ass old farts that need to be elected out ASAP.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote