Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79 View Post
I was happy with the signing.
I was okay with the money.
I accepted his poor start.
I forgave him his disappointing season.
I expected to see the real Troy in the playoffs.

But now I'm all out of credits for Mr. Brouwer.
Pretty much this. I didn't mind the signing and was on his side all season. But it's always a red flag when you hear an interview where a player defends his bad play during the season because he can ''turn it on'' in the playoffs. A weird thing to say for a guy who's done that exactly ONCE in his career at the age of 30. I think he bought into the headlines of him being a playoff performer a bit too much, considering he was never like that before. Pisani and Bickell got big paydays after their runs, and we all know how those turned out.

Not the ugliest of contracts. But not the best. Best case scenario is for either Vegas to pick him, or for him to prove himself next season if he sticks around.

But he's an example of why I have zero issue with GM's low-balling players who are looking for contracts at any point in their careers. How many of these 30+ UFA contracts actually work out? 1/5?

Every GM in the league should have a framed photo of Brouwer in his desk drawer. Next time his agent represents one of his clients during contract negotiations and asks for the moon, all the GM has to do is pull out his photo of Brouwer, point at it, and wag his finger soup-nazi style NO.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 04-20-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote