View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM   #63
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
Agreed. And lets hope it stays that way. It's a bad contract, but isn't even close to the worst one in the division, let alone the rest of the league.

That's not exactly a selling point and he was a big disappointment, but an overpaid, slowing veteran is as common as a back-up goalie in the NHL.

Hopefully the Flames can dump him on Las Vegas, but I think they do know as much as we do. I don't know why they would. The only reason that makes sense is to get to the cap floor, but is that really going to be a problem? I don't know. Doesn't seem like it should be.
All you have to do marvel at Treliving is compare his worst signing that played all 4 games for the flames in the playoffs vs. his predecessors worst signing that played 0 games in the playoffs.

A functioning NHL player at this point makes the signing look amazing when compared to the 10 million dollars the Flames paid to Ladislav Smid and Dennis Wideman this year.

The Flames are paying Stajan 3.1 to, at this point, be a less than adequate 4th liner/healthy scratch. Next year I wonder if he even cracks the lineup for more than 30 games.

In the grand scheme of things, while the Brouwer contract is not good, it's not hte worst deal in the conference, the division or even on the team at this point.

The best we can hope for is that it becomes the worst contract on the team. A situation where Brouwer is the worst contract on the team is an enviable position from where the Flames are at now and is likely indicative of a solid playoff team.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post: