View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #224
Boreal
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
Unfortunately, their elite, 1C (Duhatchek) doesn't seem to write about the Flames anymore.

Still worth the subscription, though, because of Haynes and Cruikshank IMO.

Edit: Did I say Elite? Should have said generational.
Absolutely true. Although Kent Wilson is hot garbage and making me rethink my subscription.

He had a little thin skinned whine session diatribe on here last week, that was pathetic when someone dared to suggest he knows nothing about hockey. Then he listed all his sacrifices... like its anything close to someone who is actually employed directly within the industry and had to move cities or uproot their family.

Most people on here know a thing or two about hockey, or just like to learn and understand more through the sharing of opinions, but he always presents his narrative like he's the smartest guy in the room and the team is Soooo stupid.

I used to wonder why I didn't hear more from him on the radio or other mediums because his analytics side was intriguing and informative at times. Now I know. He seems incapable of understanding that analytics is also subject to the law of diminishing returns and is a means to understanding the story but by itself is not the story.

The more I read his garbage the more I think he's either the drunk or the lamppost that Burke often refers to, I'm just not sure which one.
Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boreal For This Useful Post: