View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #9
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Basement is open with a TV area and wet bar, then a separate bedroom and bathroom. The open area is probably 500 sqft or so, and there is already an electric fireplace down there under the TV but it doesn't have a blower, plus I wouldn't want to see my gas bill if I tried to use that to keep it warm all the time
The thing with electric heat is it's all around the same efficiency. So baseboard heaters aren't going to be any better. The only thing to improve it is a fan, to move air around.

The only better efficiency ones I've seen are the heat panels, but they tend not to heat up more than the air a few feet around it. Why yes, my wife also has one of those, which we got last year due to the efficiency issue, and the other one isn't all that quite. She's been using it more once she gets the temp up, it's right under her desk so works well for that location. But this type only uses 150W, vs 1400. I know, not super useful for your case, but maybe for someone else. This is the most affordable one I could find that is made in NA and metal, not plastic.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00FRFFC4W/

Last edited by Fuzz; 11-26-2020 at 11:34 AM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote