View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
I'm hoping that you are right about the Hurricane's as it will come down to their goal tending and D. Can they handle the pressure of being ranked #3 in the CHL pre-season? I hope that there is no stock in that as pre-season rankings usually mean nothing.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how they deal with the playoffs which I full expect them to be there and having to go from a 5000 seat arena to one that holds 700. Maybe I'll get lucky on the lottery.
That is complete crap! The City of Lethbridge is being horribly run right now.

City: "We've booked a major event in the Enmax Centre for April"
Hurricanes: "Uh, we need it to play our playoff games"
City: "Who are you again?"
Hurricanes: "The WHL Team that has been here since 1987....
City: "Oh, well there are other arenas around town, they'll work out nicely for you. Maybe you can play in a venue out of town. Medicine Hat has a nice new arena!"

I wish I could just leave.

Back on topic... Hurricanes have some nice pieces moving forward. I'm not 100% sold on goaltending though. Klassen was backup last year and doesn't have enough games for us to know what he is really all about. Dylan Cozens is going to be an absolute beast. I could see that when he joined the team for the playoffs two years ago and he kept improving throughout last year. Add to him Jordy Bellerive, who should crack 50 goals and 100 points this year, and young giant Logan Barlage who should be close to a ppg player. They have a lot more forward depth. Their defense is light on depth but they have three good work horses on the back end.

Two years ago when Tyler Wong played his last game I thought the Hurricanes were going to rebuild mode and suck again for a few years. The team really stepped up and the young guys they have been bringing in have been developing nicely.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote