View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #54
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2Back View Post
You guys can make fun of Edmonton all you want, the Oilers have a much better team now and going in to the future than the flames. The Oilers are very close on becoming a powerhouse team.

Funny thing is the Flames have missed the playoffs for 4 straight years now and i don't see them making the playoffs for the next 4/5 more years.
You must be new to Calgary, because we do, in fact, make fun of Edmonton all we want. It's a great time.

I'm just curious though, what was the indication you got that Edmonton was a "much better team now"?

Was it the 3 extra OTL you guys got last season?
Was it the 3 less goals you scored? (With all those offensive "stars"... curious)
Was it being above us in the standings... for the second time in an entire decade?
Was it moving from 29th in the league to 24th?

Sorry, I'm just confused. I guess you must be too. It must be nice living in Edmonton, that sulfur coated air is like fairy dust, tricking you into thinking your city is relevant in any way at all.

What a magical thought.

Funny thing is, I'm not even convinced this guy isn't a Flames fan who just posted as the classic caricature of the delusional Edmonton fan. Bravo!
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strombad For This Useful Post: