View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #62
Aarongavey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I agree with all of that. It’s why, while I think Ward can easily be improved upon, saying it was “crazy” he was starting Lindholm at C was something I pushed back against. Not only did it make some sense on paper, the Flames’ first three games looked fine. Then they had a break and played the top two teams in the division at the the time, losing close games to Toronto in which Monahan and Gaudreau were still producing.

I agree they should keep the present lineup for a while, but if they can ever find a good two way RW to take Lindholm’s spot, Lindholm should be a C.
The Flames first 3 games they scored 4 goals even strength when the goalie was in the net. From a production standpoint, that was one of the worst 3 game stretch of the season for those new lines. I get why he tried it, but when it did not work for the first 3 games of the season, then it did not work for the first 4 games back from the break and then with the exception of one game against Edmonton it did not work for the next 14 games one would have thought they would have tried something different. I personally was a little baffled as to why it took 21 games to determine that those lines were unproductive on the ice. Especially when every other team was able to light up the division 5 on 5. It is not like the Canadian division is filled with a bunch of defensive stalwarts. May those lines hopefully RIP.

Last edited by Aarongavey; 02-28-2021 at 05:33 PM.
Aarongavey is offline   Reply With Quote