View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #94
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
A word of advice for future Emcees out there.

Sit down with the bride and groom and discuss a plan for the evening. Who speaks when, etc.

If its a buffet ask if they need you to direct when people to eat or if the caterer will do this (seriously should be the caterer; same goes for dessert.

Then when that's done tell them that YOU run the show. Yes it's their day, but in order to make it flow well and the guests and everyone have a good time tha doesn't have a lot of confusion, they have to follow your lead, and do what you say.

I'm sure brides and grooms understand this, but be forceful and let them know that it's their day bur you're in charge of the dinner/speeches.

Nothing sucks more for an emcee with the bride and groom interrupting them, changing the game plan halfway through the dinner. Telling the emcee one thing and then doing another.
This is exactly how I organized the last wedding reception I MC'd. It's their show so I needed to know what THEY wanted. We had a few planning meetings, also attended by my wife for ideas. Once I knew the bride and groom's preference, I ran the show. I told them when they suggested something that wouldn't work. They knew that everything was being looked after well and they didn't have to worry about anything. For example, he's Spanish and wanted two MCs working in both languages. I knew that wouldn't work and got them to change it. It went very well and afterward my other niece told me that she should have got me to MC her wedding also.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote