View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #925
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
When it gets to this level where it's basically splitting hairs but those who can tell the difference can objectively explain their subjective experience, I find the conversation very interesting.

At a lower level, it's kinda like someone who wants to get into whiskey and scotch and asks about the best one. Usually they are taken aback when I introduce them to the whiskey flavour chart instead of giving them an immediate suggestion.

I also let them taste different scotches and whiskey from different quadrants that I have on hand. I kinda miss being able to enjoy spirits this way due to the pandemic.

Exactly. I hate anything peated - Springbank notwithstanding (but it's not peated, more funky) - so I won't recommend it to anyone, but will try and find what they like by asking questions, i.e. if you like the caramel of bourbon, then Tamdhu 15 is probably good choice.
I have an Ardbeg 2018 Grooves Committee release which is purely for entertaining people (back when people actually came over) who indicate they like peat.
The Following User Says Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post: