View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #210
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
My iPhone 3Gs is a little long in the tooth, and I am thinking of getting a new phone. Normally I try to purchase outright and avoid contracts, but right now I just can't do it, so am looking into options.

Rogers is willing to give me a pretty good deal right now ($50 for Galaxy Nexus, $60 for Galaxy S3, both on FlexTab), but obviously I feel like I can do better with my plan, so I am considering Wind as either an option or something for me to hold over Roger's head to reduce my monthly cost.

I guess my question is, how likely is it that Wind will have a promotion over the next couple months that will give me a plan that is enough better than Rogers that I can switch? I don't travel much, so Winds limited zones are not an issue for me, but the $40 plan they currently offer really isn't good enough for me to get rid of Rogers, since it only saves me about $10 a month. Especially considering that the FlexTab seems much better than the WindTab, plus my initial outlay on the device will be less on Rogers.
I'd say that it's almost granted that there'll be some sort of holiday promotion in the coming months. The Christmas season has always been one of the peak times for activations.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Anduril For This Useful Post: