View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #3649
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Oh no! Iceland doesn’t like the election results!

The media reception in CANADA... has been horrendous at best. A true F- grade. It’s filled with inaccuracy, bias, condescension, (massive) ignorance... I could go on but more of a picture of what media has become as opposed to reality. A distorted propaganda piece. CBC’s reporting has been the Epitome of pathetic. They have obviously picked a side, ran with it, and do token gestures of interviews or “facts” (their version of facts and I use that term extremely loosely because they are always loaded facts with no context or true depth).

So if Canada’s media can’t get it even remotely close I have no faith in Iceland’s. And you can chitter chat away about how much smarter and enlightened Iceland’s people are but the reality is- when it comes to the environment- when it comes to climate change- the key issues of the day- is that Alberta and Alberta’s oil patch is in the right on this. And it’s the media and others who are not.

Here are some ####ing facts to face:

-Oil DEMAND is growing worldwide
-It’s expected that demand will continue to rise
-NO oil has been displaced, worldwide, from stopping Canadian pipelines
-Oil is used for an extremely (and I mean extremely) wide variety of things that people don’t even understand. Everything in our lives, and everything in Iceland’s peoples modern lives, uses oil. Think about that. Go research what oil is actually used for. It’s not just transportation, power, or plastic. It is those things, but it’s also everything else in your life. Clothes, computers, manufacturing, food... anyway.

For stupid people still confused I’ll continue:
-Canadian oil, is produced with some of the strictest and highest burden environmental regulatory systems in the world.
-Canadian oil not used, is replaced by other oil, LESS environmentally friendly. LESS. But STILL PRODUCED AND USED. Key word is LESS.

So emissions happen regardless.

All Alberta wants, is for all of these ####ing idiot people to get out of the way. Like- there is demand for a product. You buy it. You use it. You want it. So, take the environmentally friendly option if you’re going to do so.

So no, obviously these basic concepts are lost on the people of Iceland and I’m not sure they are that smart (or at least their media obviously). Just like the people of the Island here. And Quebec. And all the other uneducated morons supporting Saudi oil, or whatever other oil, African oil with no refs where oil flows over rigs and just straight into the oceans for years...

No WONDER the populist movement is afoot. NO wonder people feel there is an elitist bs leftist UNEDUCATED AND IGNORANT movement on social media pushing agendas and causing problems. Learn what you’re protesting you idiots. Unless of course- your bought off and your concern is not actually the environment??????????
I read somewhere not too long ago that there is NO scenario in which the global population could reduce its fossil fuel usage to Zero for AT LEAST 50 years from now.

Do we want to extract those resources in places where environmental factors are important, and there are human rights, or places where there are not.

People in Canada who do not support the Canadian Oil & Gas industries simply cannot say they are doing what is the best for the global environment.

At the same time, we must strive to reduce what we use as much as possible, and for what we still do need to use, we must do it as cleanly as possible.