Old 02-26-2021, 09:32 AM   #450
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Updated Maps are out

https://www.calgary.ca/transportatio...ed-limits.html

I was so happy to see my street in ward 7 be 40 in this iteration. My street doesn't even have a yellow line and had a "collector" classification. There are three seniors centres on my street.
Thanks for sharing these. I'm less annoyed than previously, because as mentioned the roads going to 40 I never would have gone above 40 on anyway.

I do question if this is a solution in search of a problem though. I don't ever see people going too fast on these roads, because generally speaking they aren't designed for it. My understanding is all the red lines on those maps will be getting speed limit signs for 50, which will cost a bunch of money. Are we getting any actual benefit out of this? I'd love to know how many pedestrians have been hit by cars on roads that are switching to 40 km/h where the driver was going faster than 40 km/h. My guess is the answer is actually zero. If it turns out there have been fatalities of a bunch of little kids under those circumstances then my opinion instantly changes.

But if that was the case I think those pushing this would have led with those stats. Right now it seems like all we get is a bunch of Helen Lovejoy handwringing.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: