View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 07:59 PM   #442
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
If you think this will affect you negatively, I'd love to see examples of the roads where this will be implemented that would be a problem. Genuinely curious, as I can't think of any around me.
My concern is that there will be so many people who cannot wrap their head around the rule. We have already seen this- we are at least 5 years since they changed the playground zones. I see some people going 50 at 6:00 pm, and others slowing to 30 at midnight.

The telling thing for me, one councilor said that he didn't want to put it to a plebiscite because so many people he spoke to who were against it did not understand the scope of the plan. In other words, people who had enough of an interest to speak to their councilor didn't fully grasp what the plan was.

We are going to have people doing 40 or even 30 in 50 zones, and then people trying to pass them. (or even worse, some other aggressive behavior.) Instead of addressing the problem by lobbying the province for stricter driving standards (or maybe needing to pass a test more than once when you are a teenager); or by enforcing the rules that are already in place, let's create a new law.

The latter, how many rolling stops do we see? I see it a lot, and may be guilty of it as well. More enforcement in residential areas of stop signs would have a far better result in my mind. A couple of police cars hitting one neighbourhood per hour, you could get every neighbourhood covered in a week or so.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote