View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:
Default 2020 NFL Playoff Thread

So it went down to nearly the last play of the season to set the playoff seeding. But the matchups are now set.
The AFC features 4 repeat Division winners and the same two Wild Card teams from 2017 who played in the 2018 playoffs. The NFC only has 1 repeat Division champ but 3 teams in for consecutive seasons with the Saints and Eagles both on their third consecutive appearance.

Saturday January 4th at 2:35

#5 Buffalo Bills +3 at #4 Houston Texans

Its becoming an annual tradition for the NFL pkayoffs to open up in Houston as I think this is 4 times in 5 years now that this has happened. Both teams knew where they were prior to their week 17 games and both rested their starters.

The upstart Bills feature a stingy defence as their primary strength. Second year QB Josh Allen was effective running the ball and made enough plays in the passing game to lead the Bills to 10 wins. The Bills love to run with Devin Singletary and the ageless Frank Gore. John Brown is the deep play threat and Cole Beasley is a key possesion receiver. Defensively the Bills are lead by Tremaine Edwards and Tre'Davious White. A balanced front of Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, Trent Murphy, and Ed Oliver combined for 26 sacks this year.

The Texans are lead by DeShaun Watson and Nuke Hopkins on offence. Carlos Hyde was effective running the ball and Kenny Stills and Will Fuller are other weapons in the pass game. Defensively the return of JJ Watt will be a huge boost for the Texans. Whitney Mercilis had a strong year stepping in as the leader in the second half of the season.

Injuries are key to watch for, Fuller was not healthy enough to play this past week snd Watson had been hobbled by a heel injury. Texans also had some secondary injuries against Tennessee.

I like the Texans to win a close one because of how dynamic Watson is, and its an indoor game.

I will give more info on other matchups later when I have more time.

Saturday January 4th at 6:15

#6 Tennessee Titans +4.5 at #3 New England Patriots

Sunday January 5th at 11:05

#6 Minnesota Vikings +8 at #3 New Orleans Saints

Sunday January 5th at 2:40

#5 Seattle Seahawks -1.5 at #4 Philidelphia Eagle's