View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Mark Giordano Traded to the Sharks

Mark Giordano celebrating upon hearing news of being traded to the Sharks

Mark Giordano is a San Jose Shark.

The rugged veteran Dman was sent to San Jose Sunday afternoon in a deal that took a couple of days to complete. I contacted veteran GM Mr. Douglas of the Carolina Hurricanes about a trade to bring Giordano to San Jose but I was shot down bad in a 24 page rant that took 12 hours to read.

"MJK, you are the best GM but, but NO" it read. "No hard feelings but Gio stays a Hurricane for life" it continued. "Cheese just keeps getting older and older" it went off topic.

But I was persistent and keep poking the bear.

"Ouch" he replied. "Stop doing that you bully". Things escalated. "The only way I trade Giordano is if you can find me the Mr. Bean box set or a signed copy of Johnny English" he went on and on and on and on.

Finally I found my way to Douglas' heart. It was Mr. Bean. In an ironic twist of fate I found the one thing that got talks moving.

And so, after a bunch of back and forth, I made an offer that Doug couldn't refuse and he promptly sent it over. It breaks down as follows:

To San Jose:
Mark Giordano

To Carolina:
Shea Weber
Blake Wheeler
2018 1st(sj)

Thanks Doug for the deal. Always a pleasure doing business with you! Oh I almost forgot...

I got John Tavaras too.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post: