View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #1087
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
No one said it's a joke, but you're not the first person to attempt to quiet the discussion based on potentially old and outdated information.

Things may have changed on both sides since May. A lot happened and the landscape may be different.

Two posters (aside from the Oilers troll) have passed along intel that contradicts the position from May, including CroCop, who's been privvy to a few things before.

Of course that's just hearsay, but a few people have tossed out the "there's no interest from the player" comment that Burke made after the trade deadline, as well as comments from Iginla about not wanting to come back from way back.

We don't know what conversations have gone on in the last six weeks, and there's nothing saying comments from well beyond that are gospel.

djsFlames said "The Burke comment was probably a joke."

I do agree that things could've changed between June 1 to today, and Iginla coming back makes sense in a lot of ways. I'm just passing along what I heard directly from Burke and another person very high up in the organization.