View Single Post
Old 08-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #1085
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
It was the end of May for both Burke and my other source.

Burke's comment wasn't a joke.
No one said it's a joke, but you're not the first person to attempt to quiet the discussion based on potentially old and outdated information.

Things may have changed on both sides since May. A lot happened and the landscape may be different.

Two posters (aside from the Oilers troll) have passed along intel that contradicts the position from May, including CroCop, who's been privvy to a few things before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
The Flames are trying to bring back Iggy for this season. Between Calgary and Boston. Up to Jarome now. Johnny is on board and reaching out. Legit see how it unfolds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappin Tappin View Post
So I wasn't planning on posting this because I wanted to keep my conversation private, but just to dispel the notion by some here that Iggy would never want to come back here, I will tell my story. Mods feel free to PM to get further detail and facts.

I spoke to a member of Flames management last week and jokingly asked if we were bringing back Iggy. The individual said he's spoken to Iginla and he's training super hard this summer because he feels he has 1 more year left in him. Iggy knew he wasn't going to be a priority guy this summer so he's being patient while trying to still be ready for the season in hopes he will be signed somewhere. Iginla even said to this individual something along the lines of "so you guys need RWers right?", and said he has shown interest in coming back to Calgary. Now the question is whether Flames management think there's a fit. But they will speak to Iginla's agent and consider it an option.

So in conclusion, contrary to some people's opinions, Iginla is willing to come back to Calgary to play if the Flames will have him and the fit makes sense.

Of course that's just hearsay, but a few people have tossed out the "there's no interest from the player" comment that Burke made after the trade deadline, as well as comments from Iginla about not wanting to come back from way back.

We don't know what conversations have gone on in the last six weeks, and there's nothing saying comments from well beyond that are gospel.