View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

I actually just got A/C installed about 2 weeks ago (I take full responsibility for the snow and cold ever since...sorry). I purchased it through Costco and it was installed by Service Experts. My house is a little under 2400 sq. feet and I have one furnace. Full cost was just over $5 grand, but Costco gives you a $100 gift card for every $1000 spent, plus the 2% for the executive membership, plus 1% for putting it on the Amex. So total "discount" was a little under $700. This included EVERYTHING - the permit from the city ()which they took care of), the cement square thing the put the compressor on, and everything else. They installed a Lennox unit and I decided to upgrade the compressor a bit to get the better SEER rating and a quieter unit. I believe the upgrade was around $700 or so. They had even better compressors, but the upgrades were over $2k more and the salesman told me you will never see a ROI in utility bill savings. the upgraded compressor also came with a 10 year warranty as well.

The entire process was excellent actually. The sales guy really knew what he was doing and was very familiar with City Of Calgary code. There are quite a few rules regarding placement of the compressor, by the way, so make sure you talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. Install took about 5 hours and was painless.

During the electrical inspection the next day, the inspector actually mentioned that he likes working with Service Experts electricians because they know what they are doing. Small stuff like using the proper fuse, electrical wire, etc.

I highly recommend checking them out and can't wait for the hot days to start!
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to psicodude For This Useful Post: