View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #1516
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Some good ideas, I will try to play it on the XBox and see if that makes a difference. It was watchable if I put it in stereo mode, but that kinda takes away from the experience. My receiver and blu ray player are pretty old (2007 for the receiver), but I will see if I can get any updates for them.

If nothing else, this has me kind of looking around at a new receiver. There is a ton of new tech I am jealous of. (Like more than 2 HDMI inputs...)
I feel like, even though your receiver is a decade old, it should still be able to output solid sound no problems. I'm thinking that it's either a receiver settings issue or more likely the players fault and it's somehow outputting information incorrectly to speakers that do not exist.

Another option to look into is to reset all the settings to default. I had similar issues to you with my PS4 and Vizio 5.1 sound bar set up. Resetting the settings to default on the Vizio got rid of all those issues and I wonder if the same could be done on your receiver. I also realized that there were changes to the sound when I changed some of the output settings on the PS4 (prior to me resetting the Vizio defaults), so the player could also be contributing to the weird sounds.

Last edited by DoubleF; 09-12-2019 at 10:41 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: