View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 01:01 PM   #1513
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Speaking of Atmos, I'm trying to troubleshoot a weird problem. I have an older Pioneer Elite receiver that I picked up second hand and a 5.1 speaker arrangement. Everything has been working just fine for years, kids use it daily for games etc.

Settled in to watch a new Blu-Ray on the weekend (Rocketman) and the receiver went automatically in Dolby Atmos mode. As the movie played, the audio mix was awful. Channels were dropping out, dialog disappeared entirely, channels would come back. Really strange stuff. I tried another Blu-Ray (Endgame) and audio seemed fine, as it did with XBox, cable box, and other sources. Ran down all my wiring and everything seems fine.

I have two theories, one is that the aging receiver isn't playing nice with the latest and greatest codecs and the other is I have bad disc. Anyone have any insights?
Do you have a different blu ray player you could test it on or a codec update you could do?

Is the movie playing fine if not on Atmos mode? (ie: I wonder if somehow the output thinks there's more than a 5.1 set up and sending information to speakers that aren't there? (ie: thinks there's a 7.1 or more setup?)
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote