View Single Post
Old 04-12-2024, 11:48 AM   #11
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSector9 View Post
DJI osmo if you do not want an action cam, I am a big fan of the DJI action 4 for action cam (has pretty amazing stability) and then use a DJI wireless mic or RODE wireless GO.

Insta360 X3 was high on my list but I like the magnet clipping of the Action series when I replaced my dated GoPros.

DJI editing app works, has AI features and is pretty easy to use but honestly I just played with it a little bit.

Focusing on 4k is overkill if your only making youtube vlog videos, the amount of processing/space needed for editing is quite large (60 second clip and my project file was 150gb) you need faster cards, more storage, faster computer.

Audio is by far the most important thing, people can put up with something not shot 100% perfect, but annoying audio and people will not watch it.

Also footage that is too stabilized looks sorta weird and not "real", works great for B-roll stuff, but for vlog a little bit of movement/sway is ok. If you start watching closely in the videos you currently watch I am sure you will see they are not 100% stable, a lot of time editors will add camera shake in post if it looks too smooth to make it more immersive.
Very educational, thanks a lot.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote