View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #226
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Again opinions from posters who I believe might not have children themselve. Babies grow up and need to be potty trained so after the hygienic reasons for me personally, similarity leads to familiarity. My kids already ask me around a thousand questions a day so I'm happy to avoid the ones about why penis looks different to theirs.

It's also about relatability, if my boys were hooded and a problematic situation arouse from that medically or otherwise, I would have felt guilty not having been through it myself. I'm proud when my boys emulate me, when their younger we got similar hair cuts and the style in which they dressed was from my taste so having the same body specifics when the child came from my loins I don't believe is such a far reach.
Not sure if the gatekeeping regarding having kids is needed, but yes, I can relate.

If your kids ask a thousand questions a day, surely one about their penis isn't really adding too much? And I hardly think that a haircut is an apt comparison. I guess they both involve cutting but thats about the end of it.

As for the guilt, I'm sure they will encounter many things in their life that you haven't been through yourself and you will do your best to help them through it. You don't need to inflict the same thing to yourself to be there for them.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote