View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 04:25 PM   #6695
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Right, we wouldn’t want him starting a war to distract the nation or to inflict as much damage as he can while he still can.

Let’s be careful what we wish for.
That's the scariest part of this.

Trump has no respect for the democratic process and is so desperate to hold on to power for his own gain and protection, that once the legal avenues are exhausted, I can see him taking more drastic steps.

I know it sounds drastic, but I wouldn't put assassination or imprisonment of opponents past him. He's a guy who openly praises dictators and has joked around in the past about locking people up and committing extra-judiciary executions. I'm not so sure that he wasn't partly serious. He assassinated a high ranking Iranian official and was sympathetic to the Saudi prince for assassinating a journalist. He loves Putin and Kim Jong Un as well. I doubt Trump would do it himself, but getting a foreign actor to do it or just putting the thought in the heads of million of crazy deplorables and seeing what happens, is something he would totally do.

Could you imagine the crisis that would occur if a president-elect died before inauguration? The Constitution, from what I gather, never took that into consideration. In theory, the Democrats would have to appoint a new nominee and hope that the states honour their electoral college pledge. You would essentially have a person becoming president-elect that no one voted for, and an outgoing president that at least 70 million+ voted for him.

Or if something drastic happened on American soil prompting emergency powers of some kind? One of Trump's legal team members has openly encouraged an armed insurrection.

I know, I am still talking about things with a low-probability of happening, but I am not totally convinced it wouldn't happen.

I think one of the states that Trump is contesting should hire a bunch of actors to stage a fake court, where they can give him the illusion that he is making grounds through legal disputes, then on January 20th, pull the plug and reveal it was all a big cohoax. Kind of like on Start Trek, where they would keep someone entertained in the holodeck to placate them, while the rest of the real world moved on.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 11-21-2020 at 04:29 PM.