View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Liverpool spent less on Van Dijk
see, I don't understand this argument at all. People point at the fee and tie it to Van Dijks performances at Liverpool these days, but back then Liverpool was ridiculed by A LOT of people. Van Dijk was really solid at Southampton, but certainly not the superstar he is today. I'd argue he wasn't better back then than Maguire has been at Leicester. Also, the rumour is 60m plus 20m in add-ons, but that just doesn't sound as dramatic, right? Always glass half empty these days ...

I'd love to have Maguire at United. He's a beast in the air and really good with the ball, and a back four of Wan-Bissaka/Lindelof/Maguire/Shaw would be a huge improvement over last year and also has a lot of upside still. So I hope it happens. It's a ton of money, but hey, it's a crazy market. Tyrone frigging Mings costs 20m plus 6m in add-ons, that's how effed up things are. Clubs just don't need the money and won't sell unless it's a ridiculous offer, and it won't change anytime soon. Mmight as well accept that.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote