View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:08 PM   #43
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_c View Post
Bumping this old thread because I'm in the market for some Bluetooth earbuds for exercising. I did have a set of Mpow S10's for about 2-3 years and they were great. Then I had an incident where one of the silicon tips came off inside my ear and I had to go to the hospital to get it removed. I vowed to switch to a different style but after looking around I really don't like the newer wireless Bluetooth headphones because I like the idea of being able to put them over my neck when not in use. I'm sure I'd lose the totally wireless ones.

Anyway, I settled on Mpow again and ordered the S16 model from Amazon. They were returned the next day because of a constant interference beeping noise in the right earbud that could be heard over the music. So I decided to go with the Mpow S15 instead. They arrived yesterday and are being sent back today because the right earbud has an ear shattering high pitch squeal that can be heard without it anywhere near my ear. So now I'm looking for something else to order. Ideally I'd like to spend less than $100. I was looking at the Bose Sound sport ($150) but have read several reviews of them breaking after a year or needing to exchange them under warranty a few times. Any suggestions?
I've had Bose Soundsports for about 3 years and they still work great.
I also have Soundsport Frees which I've had about 2 years but they don't have the hang around your neck benefit you've mentioned.

My only complaint is both still fall out of my ear during certain exercises.
I use them at the gym and running but bought a pair of Mpows specifically for when I'm boxing/kickboxing as the Bose ones always fall out.

If you're doing mostly straight motion cardio or weight training, the soundsports should be great, but you might have the same problem as me if you do anything with more high intensity direction changing, martial arts, crossfit etc.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote