View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #761
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Yeah this is what's kept me from playing Nier: Automata. Everyone is like "Yeah the first playthrough I thought it was just okay, it's the FOURTH playthrough where things get crazy!"

Ehhhh... I know it's part of the story and that particular designer's schtick to play with the medium in that way, just doesn't sound like it's for me.
To give some perspective, the first two playthroughs of Nier Automata are largely the same, yes. The stories do vary quite a bit in places, because of the different perspective you play through the game with. It's from that point that the game moves on with new story and areas, and it's extremely different from the first two playthroughs. For me to get all the major endings took about 40 hours. I never felt like it was too repetitive at any point.

The last two endings are just variations on the final sequence of the game and don't require any more than reloading your last save before the final sequence. It's not as onerous as some make it sound, which only sounds like that because they're desperately trying to avoid spoiling any tiny bit of the experience of that game. It's pretty unique and interesting, so rather than you not playing, it's better to give this bit of info.

Last edited by Mazrim; 02-11-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote