View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #14
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I am terrible at this game. I cannot get a working base off the ground (citizens, electricity, water, commercial, industry) before the bank account just goes horribly broke and I have to restart. I think my game copy was shipped with Allison Redford AI
Couple tips:

-Pause the game so you don't lose daily money while planning your city
-In your budget, drop the Power/Water to around 50% immediately so you can start saving money, then adjust as you need to
-Power just needs to connect to the "grid", not to each individual building or section, so group your residential and commercial together and have your power connect on the edge of that grouping - to start with power you should have 4 main connection points - one to your industrial zone edge, one to your comm/residential edge, one to your sewage, one to your water pump
-After I build a few grids of road + zone a few areas, I usually have around 10,000 left. Lots of times I dip into the negative especially early on, but once you reach some milestones you'll get a nice cash top up
-Roads are really expensive, so I wouldn't use 2 lane roads to start and don't lay down much more than you need to start
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote