Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Stain View Post
At least 7.
3 on Canada.
2 Finland
1 USA
1 Czech

Puljujarvi would be 8 but he's not attending.

They also have two eligible Russians but not sure where to find info on Russia's summer camp roster....if they even do a summer camp.

So potentially 9.

I really don't think world juniors invites matter much though. Every NHL team has a bunch I'm sure because they take the best kids from each country at the draft every year.
How many of them have an actual shot at making the team?

On Team Canada you have Skinner and Wells in goal. Cart Hart is returning and I would say DiPietro has the inside track, so neither of the Oilers prospects make the cut. You have Tyler Benson up front, but he's coming off another shortened season and is fighting against much better players. On Team Canada, I would say that without major politicking by Nicholson or Lowe, zero Oilers prospects make this team.

On Team USA you have Kailer Yamamoto and Phil Kemp. I would say Yamamoto is a virtual lock. Kemp doesn't stand a chance on defense. 1 Oiler prospect makes the team.

On Team Finland it appears that Aapeli Rasanen has a pretty good shot at making the squad as he's on the short list going to North America for the pre-tournament series. I would say you'll see 1 Oiler prospect on the squad.

The Russians and Czechs are complete unknowns right now. Seems they both have a big number of returning players, so opportunities for freshly drafted players may be limited. I would say the Russians may have a better chance than the Safin.

So in reality you have potentially 2-4 players with a realistic chance of making their respective teams, with two being a lock, and two more being outside possibilities, just because of the lack of information. So two out of "nine" so far.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: