View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #71
Aleks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Congrats on the new SHAW terms. That's pretty awesome.

Question about your SHAW dropouts you speak of. Was it the entire Internet dropping out or just your wireless connection from the Hitron? I've been having random wifi drops/connections issues with my wireless home and am almost certain it's the Hitron. I customized the wireless networks (Put my own SSID on them, changed the password, etc.) and am thinking about resetting everything to default to see if that helps.
It was the wireless as far as I could tell, I didn't have anything hardwired to it except my printer and sonos. It would drop the SSID completely mid browsing for about 2-3 minutes and then reappear, and would have the "no internet access" for a minute and then be back up so I'd assume it dropped the IP and everything. I had done factory resets, upgrades, everything. TV never dropped out during this time. I anticipate that resetting won't make any difference to you. This has not happened again since using the XB6, but I have only used it bridged so I have no idea how good or bad the wireless is on it.