View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #66
STAMPEDRED
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I totally agree about Keon Raymond and Brandon Smith's assessment. They are both leaders and smart defenders. Last week it is noticeable that Smith wasn't playing and as much as I think Ciante Evans is a good DB, he is nowhere as good as Smith. Joe Burnett is turning out to be a very good pickup by Huff in the offseason too.

Jennings played like James Franklin did in relief of Matt Nicholls vs Toronto. Another potential good young QB in CFL and it seems like they are starting to pop up lately. Trevor Harris of Toronto, Rakeem Cato of Montreal, Brett Smith of Saskatchewan, James Franklin of Edmonton, Robert Mavre of Winnipeg and now Jennings in BC. They might not be as good right now and still makes some nistakes but they will learn and we might see some of them starting in their current team or somewhere else next season.

Anyways it is a good win for the Stamps. I thought they played well in the first half but sort of changed once Jennings came in. All 3 (Offense, Defense and Special Team) sort of went to sleep and needed a wake up call in the 4th. Slaughter and the special team were awful until after Rainey scored that punt return TD. When Slaughter returned that kickoff return for a good chunk I was actually looking if there's any penalty flag around. I am glad there was nothing otherwise I would be cursing some more. This is probably the worst I've seen the Special Team played in the last few season. They gave up TDs on both kickoff and punt returns plus the constant penalties drives me nuts. If Stamps is not winning this season, I would think Mark Killam will not have a job with the Stamps after this season.
hahaha well played!
STAMPEDRED is offline   Reply With Quote