View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 09:30 AM   #226
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
I dont "hate" him per se, as i dont know him.

I will say though, that at one time he would have been one of my all-time favorite athletes of any sport. The way he handled the Favre thing was a lesson in professionalism and then his level of QBing the following decade+ was pretty much unprecedented.

But he then became bigger than the team a couple years back and turned into an all-time diva instead which, IMO, has really tarnished his legacy. I'm both happy and sad that he will be moving on as a lifelong Packer fan. The nonsense the last 2 off seasons are enough.

The immunization thing is a pffft for me as he is no different than millions of others who chose the same route, even if I disagreed with it.

Also, and it happens across all sports, fans love to tear down those who are highest in that sport.
I think he was beloved again after the covid season. What happened after is what really made things bad.

He went dark on the Packers and made them beg through the media for him to come back. The lies about the vaccine and going on a wild rant right after it.

But stories have come out about him from some teammates that he was always a nutty guy. Kizer said the first thing Rodgers said to him was do you think 9/11 was real?
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote