View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 04:45 AM   #318
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
I gave you O'Rielly as a comparable, then checked his production in the playoffs, no bueno. Everybody else it wasn't necessary to look up the data even though I did.

Like I said, Lindholm is a good player, he does somethings very well and in my opinion a great 2nd line centre on a championship contender. To rely on him as your go to, I don't think so. In a game where puck possession/zone entries are key, its kinda important that your #1 be able to excel at that, I don't think he does.

Somebody calling somebody else lazy can't even double check playoff averages lol. The worst statistically of that group is Krejci and even he is 20% more productive statistically in the playoffs.
If your entire argument is based off playoff p/gp averages, it’s not a very good argument.

Kadri is higher than Backstrom, Kopitar, Datsyuk, and Krejci, so I guess we have a Stanley Cup calibre #1 center regardless of how you feel about Lindholm.

As far as double checking playoff averages, Datsyuk is actually the lowest (should have triple checked I guess), and he’s 0.09 ahead of Lindholm. For easy math, that means for every 100 playoff games they play, Datsyuk would have put up 9 more points than Lindholm. In a playoff run where every series goes to game 7? 3 points. So you’re not making much of an argument even as you “double check” the stats. And that’s even with you waffling between trying to figure out if your argument is production or your visual perception of how he controls the puck (despite being one of the best defensive forwards in the league, which dismisses your argument about control entirely).

Last edited by PepsiFree; 01-29-2023 at 08:32 AM.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote